- Proceed to Town Hall, which is located at 4949 West Cermak Road, Cicero, Illinois 60804, Monday thru Thursdays between the hours of 8a.m. and 8p.m.
- Proceed to the Town Collector’s Office, which is located on the first floor of Town Hall.
- Pay outstanding parking ticket(s), issued before 2010, with cash, money order or certified check.
- Be assessed no late fee/penalties if outstanding parking ticket(s) is/are paid by July 15, 2011 and receive one of the following reductions:
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Cicero Ticket Amnesty program continues through July 15
TOWN OF CICERO TICKET AMNESTY PROGRAM
OVERVIEW OF THE AMNESTY PROGRAM
The following are the rules of the Amnesty Program. The Amnesty Program applies to any ticket issued by the Town of Cicero (the “Town”) before the year 2010. Please note that the tickets issued in 2010 and 2011 are NOT subject to the Amnesty Program. This program applies to parking tickets.
To participate in the Amnesty Program, individuals must personally appear at Town Hall Mondays thru Thursdays, between now and July 15, 2011, between the hours of 8a.m. and 8p.m.
In exchange for paying off outstanding Tickets, the Town will forgive all late fees and/or penalties accrued on the outstanding Tickets. In addition, the Town will reduce the amount of outstanding Tickets, as set forth below.
If an individual fails to pay his or her debt before the termination of the Amnesty Program, the Town may proceed with any other course of action designed to reimburse the Town for the amount any outstanding Ticket including, but not limited to, sending the outstanding debt to a collection agency, pursuing a lawsuit and suspending the Ticket holder’s driver’s license.
PROCESS FOR PAYING OFF OUTSTANDING PARKING TICKETS
· Pay fifty percent (50%) on all tickets that were originally issued for one hundred dollars ($100) or more.
· Pay ten dollars ($10) for a ticket originally issued for twenty-five dollars ($25).
· Pay twenty dollars ($20) for a ticket originally issued for fifty dollars ($50).
· Pay thirty dollars ($30) for a ticket originally issued for seventy-five dollars ($75).
ñ Personal checks are NOT an acceptable form of payment under Amnesty Program.
ñ This only applies to tickets issued in 2009 and preceding years.
ñ The above mentioned reductions only apply to tickets issued for parking violations.
ñ All tickets must be paid before purchasing a new Cicero Vehicle Sticker.